Carnegie Mellon University | 2016
- Bachelor of Architecture, Minor in Music Theory
BLT Architects | Architect 1 | 2016-2020
- Produced details and handled construction reviews in seven multi-million mixed-use,
residential, historic, planning, and hospitality projects.
- Assisted project managers and architects from schematic design through completion.
- Established close relationships to clients as on-site representative of architect during
- Coordinated and led a 2-5 person team for punch list and inspections for
owner and architect.
- Organized and designed processes in tandem with principals and senior staff for
transferring firm knowledge to new staff.
Perkins Eastman | Intern | 2015
- Developed details from schematic design through construction documents for
assisted living projects.
- Trained closely in a team setting under project architects and managers.
MLDS Architects | Intern | 2013, 2014
- Worked closely with architects to create construction documents in AutoCAD
and review codes.
- Advanced and streamlined AutoCAD LT production processes for efficiency.
Carnegie Mellon University | Outreach Teacher | 2015-2016
- Programmed and taught an eight-week architecture, sustainability, and environment
curriculum for high school students culminating in a final project and critique
- Responsible for the interaction and care of teenagers
HONORS & AWARDS
2018 - Top Ten for NASA's Centennial 3-D Printed Habitat Challenge
2018 - Honorable Mention for John Stewardson Memorial Competition
2016 - Honorable Mention for Mars City Design 2016
2013 - Honorable Mention for EPIC Metals Design Competition
2011 - ACE Program Scholarship
Adobe Creative Suite
2019 - Registered Architect, PA
2012-2016 - Teacher and Executive for Student-Led Courses
2014-2016 - CMU Summit Organizer
2009-2011 - ACE Mentor Program Alumnus
Kwanpo "KP" Cheng is a Registered Architect in the state of Pennsylvania and a Carnegie Mellon University alumnus.
He has lived in Hong Kong, New York City, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh.
His other passions include acappella music, ink art, his six ukuleles, and collaborative story-telling games..